Friday, July 1, 2011

Adios juices [I will miss you the most cashew milk]

BluePrint Cleanse
Day 3:

7:30am- Warm lemon water.
9:30- Juice #1: Green Juice after kettlebells. I felt weaker when it came to my workout, but otherwise I didn’t feel bad. I just felt mellow and calm. I had dreams all night about eating. In my dream I made myself a sandwich, then realized I couldn’t eat still, and I had to put it down, haha.
11:00- Juice #2: P.A.M. last one, which was bummer because it is delicious. I was tired; it took all my strength to get up and start cleaning. I almost fell asleep outside in the sun. I’m not sure I can attribute this to the cleanse, or just my overall state of mind.
1:00- Juice #3: Green juice, my 2nd to last! I got some major cleaning done [of course there are still a ton of things I didn’t get to yet] for the last 3 hours. It’s hard to believe that this is my last day. It doesn’t feel forced, I just grab a juice every few hours. I need to figure out what I’m going to eat tomorrow to break my cleanse now. Sounds like tomorrow I will be sticking to fruits. This means I need to go to the grocery store…
2:45- Juice #4: Last spicy lemonade L. I was going to wait until after yoga, but I just felt like 1-6:30pm was too long to wait. Decided to drink some of the spicy lemonda for now. I bought a lot of fruit and veggies for tomorrow.
6:35- Juice #4 pt. 2: I only drank a third of the spicy lemonade before bikram. Yoga went well, still felt a little less strong but overall it was a good, more flexible class.
8:00pm- Juice #5: Cracked open my last green juice. It was yummy and refreshing, no longer surprising.
9:20pm- Juice #6: Bye bye Cashew milk. I was so sad to see it go. So yummy, not as full as last night. And now, I’m all done!

I’ve read a lot of other’s experiences with the BP cleanse. I’ve seen a lot said about extra energy. Although I don’t know that I’ve had extra energy, I don’t feel completely worn out. I think I usually keep a pretty intense workout schedule, especially with daily Bikram, and I always eat a lot, so I suppose it isn’t surprising that I’m not as ‘strong’ especially when concerned with kettlebells. I also have had a bit of an emotional rollercoaster the last few days, which may be partly due to a femine issues [TMI, if you catch my drift]. My weight according to the scale has gone up and down. It has been anywhere from 118, to 113 [after yoga].  But, I guess that I shouldn’t really worry about the weight part.

Post cleanse 
Day 1:

7:30- Started the morning with warm lemon water.
My stomach felt empty in a good way; not bloated for once.

I just got home from Bikram {class 35 in 35 days}. Class kicked my butt. Honestly, I woke up a little light headed, and that never went away, in fact it got worse during class. This is to be expected, I fasted all night, and the last 3 days have been my cleanse. I was very light headed, and during the side postures I wanted to give in and sit, but I didn't. I got through it, although mentally I wanted to give up. I even had a bit of a revelation about locust pose quite by accident. While in the third part of locust, I got my elbows and hands in the prime position [apparently] and managed to find the strength by pushing against my hands and elbows and shoulders. I got my legs up higher off the ground than I ever have. Usually, it’s only a few inches [as far as I can feel], but today, they went up much higher. It’s like something clicked, and I finally figured out where to pull the strength from in order to lift. However, after both sets my left elbow was a little tweaked, but hopefully that will go away. Lastly, camel was tough too, as it has been the last 3 days on the cleanse. I was able to put my head back, but couldn’t hold the pose the whole time.


11:15- First food since Monday PM: Bowl of strawberries. Yummm. It’s interesting how much more I notice the texture of the food now. I’m very out of it, weak and just need to sit. No kettlebells today. {12:30pm- feeling MUCH better after strawberries. I think I was experiencing low blood sugar}.

Overall, I enjoyed the cleanse, and I would definitely do it again. I'm actually sad I don't have any more juice. It was so easy just reaching in the fridge and grabbing a juice, and not worrying about food. According to the scale this morning, my weight went down about 5 pounds. I’m bummed I didn’t feel the great energy and glee that I’ve read that other’s have experienced, and honestly I think a lot of it has to do with Bikram. I felt my most light headed, and most out of post class, otherwise I felt pretty good. Class takes a lot out of me, always, so changing my eating threw a bit of a curveball into my practice. But, it certainly helped me mentally. I could have sat down many times, but I didn’t, and that is a testament to my growing mental strength and stamina. My teacher asked me today if I was going to go for 60 classes in 60 days. She and the director both congratulated me when I hit 30 days [my mom was the one that them know I was doing the challenge]. I told her I wasn’t sure, seeing as how that meant I would have to do at least 7 doubles to make up for the classes I will miss while out of town. We will just see how it goes. One day at a time…

No comments: