Sunday, June 19, 2011

Time to double up

I’m slowly closing in on the tail end of my 30-day challenge. I went to yoga yesterday and today at 9am. Both classes were pretty full, especially yesterday, and there were more new people in both classes. I’m finding it harder to rate’ my daily yoga practice, because there are little victories each day, even if some days are overall more successful than others. It’s funny how much of a love-hate relationship I have with Bikram yoga. I look forward to it, dread it while in the room, and then glamorize it afterwards. It’s quite the cycle really.

It was hot yesterday and not as hot today. But both days I drank almost all of my 32oz of frozen water during the class. I’ve been internally fighting the dialogue the last few days; “just say change! Stop correcting him…” So, today my goal was to stop fighting myself internally. Even when it came to my more challenging poses [floor bow], when our teacher said to bend our knees up and grab our feet, instead of thinking, “ugh, how slowly can I do this to delay the pose?” I said to myself, “ok, I will.” It seemed to help a little, but I know I am my own personal demon in the end, and that it’s easier to sabotage myself than to help myself along most of the time. I can’t say if it has gotten easier going every day, or if it’s just now something that I do. I just wake up, and go to yoga. That’s it, no questions. Today was class 57, 22 classes in 23 days. I have one more class to make up from last Saturday. My hope is that I will go tonight, and make it a double. That way, I will have 7 more classes, and 7 days to do it.

I have been very stiff and sore the last few days. This does not surprise me, especially with daily yoga, kettlebells, and my new addition of running. I went on a run in the evening last night with my boyfriend. We are gearing up for a 4th of July 5k. We ran about 30 minutes in the park, which was surprisingly pleasant and cool at 6pm, despite it being in the 90’s.


I can’t end this without expressing my new found obsession with ZICO chocolate coconut water. Oh, my, goodness, it is delicious! I’ve been drinking it after class the last week. It is refreshing, and I prefer it over the natural and other flavored coconut waters I have tried. I haven’t been able to find it in town, so I’ve been ordering it in 12-packs offline. I definitely recommend giving it a try.




Happy father’s day to all the fathers out there! 
                    I will be seeing my dad tonight J

1 comment:

Mark said...

I am very happy for you that you are nearing the end of your challenge! It is really difficult at times but sooooooo worth it. My sweetie and I started in 2009, and after a week or so we jumped into a 60-day challenge, then did another one. It is amazing to see the changes: physically, mentally, even spiritually... Have never seen chocolate flavored Zico... I really don't dig coconut water but that might be good! Peace.