Well, 2 more classes down. After yesterday and today’s classes, I’m at class 55 total, 20 classes in 21 days. I went to the 4:30pm class yesterday, and it was great! When I entered the room before class, the thermometer that is kept on the podium said 98 degrees. It was taught by a female teacher who is really sweet, and only teaches on Thursday nights. She gives great tips, and doesn’t kill us with the heat. It never got too hot, and I was pleased that I didn’t really have any trouble breathing; breathing stayed normal for most of class. I was also very flexible, which was such a nice change from my 9am stiff classes. During head to knee pose, I was able to keep my left leg locked, my right leg was almost there. With both feet in from of me, I was able to keep both knees locked, it was amazing! My hamstrings actually loosened up.
Unfortunately, this morning at 9am was a bit different. I woke up stiff and sore [abs are sore… from my run?] and I was already anticipating a hard class. When I entered the room, I snuck a peak at the temperature, and it was at 107 [after class it said 110]. It never got too hot during class, I was just stiff, shaky, and not very focused. However, during standing separate leg head to knee, I was able to keep my hands together in front of me, despite my front knee bending on both sides. Little steps!
I got myself to hit up my noon kettlebell class. It was strength day, and I wasn’t feeling the strongest, but it was a good workout as usual.
My mom bought me Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Class book. It has all the postures, with pages of descriptions and pictures. Bikram’s book that I recently finished has only a page per posture, but I still enjoyed reading it for the history and background.
It’s already going to be the weekend! More yoga tomorrow, possibly a double on Sunday, and of course Father’s day [I wonder if dad and I will go to yoga together?].


No comments:
Post a Comment